June 8, 2009

The Creative Run Around

There it is again! Everytime I go running I see more and more girls sporting the running skirt. Yep, that's right, apparently there's a new trend in womens running wear and it's the skirt. It is essentially a spandex skirt with spandex bloomers attached. Being a girl who loves to wear dresses, I had to get my hands on one to see for myself what the fuss is all about.

I easily found one at Lululemon Athletica on the Upper West Side and thought I'd give it a test run (no pun intended). When I got home and put it on, already I was thrilled and I hadn't even left my apartment. It was just so cute that I was tempted to put a ribbon around my ponytail and start cheering, okay not really but you get the point. I ran for three miles and afterwards I concluded that the running skirt was not only adorable, but functional as well. I was comfortable the whole run and I didn't have to worry about annoying shorts riding up or looking hideous in tight spandex pants. I even noticed that I was being noticed, haha amazing!

Running skirts aren't rocket science, after all women have been doing the tennis skirt since the beginning of time and no one fussed about that. But somehow after my running skirt experience I thought to myself, this idea is genius. Well, maybe not genius, but definitely creative!

Photobucket
 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs