February 10, 2010

Handmade Valentine Cards

Today in New York City it's the snow day of all snow days. The schools are closed and my work is even closed, wow! This morning when I peered out my window to watch snowflakes fall and see just one car move slowly down the street, I couldn't help but feel delighted that today I was going to take time to make my valentine cards and no one was going to convince me to leave my cozy little apartment for any other plan.

Valentine's Day is the best holiday to make handmade cards. It's a holiday about spreading warmth and love and handmade cards seem especially appropriate for this holiday. At Springside School, during my lower school years, we had a tradition where each student had to hand create a valentine for each girl in the class. On Valentine's Day we would take turns and hand out our creations. It was one of my most favorite things to do and it's proof that your true passion exposes itself very early in your life. Today, as I made valentine cards, I felt reminiscent of my years in lower school making handmade valentines.  I am sooo thankful for this wonderfully white snow day!

I hope my cards inspire you to make a few handmade valentine cards this year. Even if you don't normally make handmade cards, this is your chance to try. They are truly heartwarming!
 

Photobucket
 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs