November 30, 2010

Make Your Own Stocking

Christmas is a crafty girls dream. There is lots of beautiful inspiration around and many reasons to create meaningful gifts and festive decor. This year I decided to sew stockings to match my apartment. Since I've been on sewing kick I figured this would be the perfect Christmas project. I chose a winter plaid fabric that wasn't too typically Christmas. (no red in it) The stockings were so easy to make! I used a pencil to draw the shape of the stocking and then just hand sewed along the line. The hunter green grosgrain ribbon detail gives these stockings a nice touch! How pretty, I can't wait to fill them! I also created a mini version as an ornament. I mean could this be any cuter?!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs