May 31, 2010

A Monogrammed Mirror

I spent a lovely Memorial Day in East Hampton and while I was in town, I passed by a cute little monogram shop with a variety of monogrammed items. In the window I noticed a monogrammed mirror that I knew I could replicate when I got home. I figured that my glass etching technique would work on a mirrored surface as well. I got to work right away after arriving back to the city. I cut out my initials using sticky vinyl and my Cricut paper cutter which is amazing by the way. After carefully applying the letter cut outs to a basic mirror, I generously applied etching solvent in the negative space. You can purchase paper cutters and etching solvent at any craft store. After waiting about 15 minutes for the solvent to set, I rinsed it off and cleaned the mirror really well. Yay, I did it! I was able to make the mirror I saw in that East Hampton shop! My one of a kind monogrammed mirror is now hanging in my entryway and I am so excited for myself!
I decided to place my monogram in the middle of the mirror because the etching is faint so it doesn't prevent the mirror from still serving its purpose. How pretty!!
Photobucket

 
 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs