August 25, 2009

Selling Yoga

My funniest friend Kimberly told me about this yoga studio that she discovered during a visit to New York City. "Yoga? Nah, that's not for me but thanks Kim." After only a few minutes of convincing on Kim's part, (typical sales girl) I found myself online and scheduling an appointment to check out the studio. It's called Pure Yoga and there are two in the city, one on the Upper East Side and one on the Upper West. Yesterday, after my tour of this luxurious and tranquil facility, I fell in like with yoga. Today however, I officially fell in love with yoga after taking my very first class!

In the beginning of the class, when the music started and we were doing what I perceived as medidating, I thought to myself: ah wait a second I'm a runner, this isn't quite me... But as the hour long class continued, I quickly found myself in the most difficult positions using muscles in places I never knew I had them! SUCH a workout ensued that by the end of the hour I was sweating, my muscles were tired and I felt outstanding. I must say that my spine had never had so much attention in my 27 years of life. I felt so limber and relaxed.

I was a self admitted skeptic of yoga, just not a fan. Now, I consider myself a yoga groupie and I just signed up for a year long membership which gives me unlimited classes. I also just heard about this "hot yoga" business where you are doing yoga in 110 degree heat. Aside from my friend Alexis telling me that she felt like she was going to have a heart attack, the other reviews have been great and that's next on my list of classes to try! I'm telling you that I'm totally obsessed. Thanks for "selling me yoga" Kimberly!
Photobucket
 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs